Thursday 24 May 2012

A Weekend Bag?

Today I'm looking forward to making something from this little selection of fabrics



They're from Abakhan and I'm especially excited because Abakhan have agreed to supply these for me, and all I have to do is sew and blog! They've been one of my favourite places to shop for fabric since long before I'd ever even heard of the internet, but it's lovely (and very convenient) that they have an online shop now as well as their bricks-and-mortar shops.  If you're ever in north Wales, their Mostyn store is a real treat (you can even have lunch there, and the kids can play on the swings).

Back to the fabric: I'm planning on making a travel bag.  It's going to be roomy and have an inner pocket for a laptop, although it won't look at all like a laptop bag. 

It will also have pockets for my beloved Kindle among other things (think sketchpad, notebook, pencils, phone, camera ...) and I'm planning for enough room for a few clothes too.  So maybe it's actually a weekend bag rather than a travel bag.

Watch this space, as I'll be doing a tutorial too!

And then perhaps I'll have to book a weekend away just to test it out.  What do you think?


No comments: