Sunday 12 August 2012

Handmade Monday

It's been a busy week here, and like all busy weeks, it really has flown.  I can't believe Handmade Monday has come around again so soon.  Welcome!

If you'd like to join in, add your blog link below and please remember to link back somewhere within your blog post.  Have fun visiting as many of the others as you can, and please do leave comments where you can - don't be shy!

Last week I showed you a snippet of what I'd been up to, and this week might be just as cryptic.  Last week's project got finished and posted off to Craftseller magazine and these pictures show you a bit more.



You don't get a proper look until the magazine is out though - sorry.  I loved the depth and texture in this project - a very tactile finished piece.  My very favourite type of work, it involved paint, paper, text, glue, fabric and stitching (and an old dictionary!).



Now I'm working on another clock (this time for Sewing World magazine) in the shape of a cotton reel (all in fabric this time, although my glue gun will probably make an appearance at some point). 


I'm also working on something - made in fabric - to organise my sewing projects. I'll share more once I've made a bit of progress (I think it may turn into a tutorial).

It's your turn now... I'd love to see what you've been up to this week.

21 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

Funny I was adding clocks with chef's on to my collection perhaps it is the year of the clocks. Your snippet looks interesting

Kat Shenton said...

I like the idea of the cotton reel clock. That should be an interesting make. I'm looking forward to getting my Craftseller subscription to see your finished project. Have a lovely week Wendy, and thank you for continuing to host Handmade Monday.

Handbags by Helen said...

Loving the sofa (?) clock. You're posts are a real tease these days!

Free Spirit Designs said...

the snippets of your Craftseller clock look absolutely gorgeous! i love the colours that you've used and like you say it looks wonderfully tactile and multi dimensional - i can't wait to get a proper look at it! :)

Good luck with your ongoing projects, they all sound fabulous! x

Pickle Lily said...

All your projects look lovely - such a clever lady!! Can't wait to see the finished sewing organiser as it sounds exactly what I need! Jo x

Planet Penny said...

A very tantalizing snippet! Love those patriotic colours¬

Anonymous said...

I love what I've seen so far, can't wait to see the rest of it!

Myth Illogical said...

Looking forward to the big reveal!

Highland Monkey's said...

Can't wait to see the finished article in all it's glory, it looks so interesting.

Unknown said...

Gosh what a tease you are... I love the humour that you inject into your clocks and plaques... I promise to move the mag to the front of the stands again... :)

fatmonica said...

I love the sneaky peek at the fabric clock-looks fab!

CatkinJane said...

Fascinated by your clocks, can't wait to see the full thing.
And you used my word of the moment - organise - I'm eagerly awaiting more ideas on organising!

Anonymous said...

I love the layering of fabric on this!

ClairLou said...

Dictionary and sofa/dog ??? Looking forward to seeing it in all it's glory!

Bev Newman said...

Really keen to see your finished project in Craftseller! It looks fab in snippet form and congrats in the sewing magazine clock too!

Mrs A. said...

I have just bought some clock parts to make a clock with so will await with interest your article to be printed. Hugs mrs a.

Susie said...

Very intriguing! I can't wait to see the finished piece!

Wendy said...

Caroline: really interesting comment - my handpainted clocks are doing really well at the moment.

Ros: you're going to get yourself banned from WHSmith and the like! I can see the headlines now...

YFDU: yes, it's a sofa!

All: thanks everyone for your lovely comments - it's always good to read them x

Martha said...

great creations Wendy! never seen a clock with sewn fabric face. how unusual. love the turquoise sofa combined with red cushions- so pretty!
well done on your publications!

Unknown said...

Really like your clock, I'll look forward to seeing it in Craftseller magazine x.

Fiddly Fingers said...

What a tease you are! Only showing us glimpses of what will be published. glad to see you have so many 'balls' in the air though :)