Sunday 7 July 2013

Handmade Monday 124

Hi and welcome to Handmade Monday.  Click the link to find out more, including how to join in if you're new.  You don't need an invite!

This week I've been playing with pebbles and paint for Craftseller magazine for an upcoming rock art feature.  That was quite a lot of fun!  I can't show you the whole project until it's published, but here's a little taster...


In other news, I'm getting together with Totally Tutorials to offer free digi stamps to bloggers wanting to produce a tutorial.  I've had some really lovely emails already, with some ideas that would never have occurred to me!  I'll be looking for a mix of tutorials and ideas and it's lovely that some Handmade Mondayers are joining in.
vintage caravan digi stamp

The hardest bit will be deciding who gets the freebies, but I think this is something I'll do again anyway so there will be other chances.  The five who get picked this time will have their tutorial promoted on here as well as the TotallyTutorials blog so it should increase exposure for them.  I do like a project that works well for all parties, don't you?

Meanwhile, here's another idea that's good for all of us - it's time for Handmade Monday and you know what that means...

15 comments:

Free Spirit Designs said...

oooh your painted pebbles look fantastic! So bright and cheery, i could see them making super cute fridge magnets :)

love the caravan digistamp too - looking at it really makes me want to have a go at colouring it in! :)

Stephen @ Soy of the North said...

Loving the brightly coloured rock art, especially the yellow spotty one :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely bright pebbles, they would make a pretty display. Not heard of toally tutorials before so there's another interesting read coming up!

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

I love the colours of your painted pebbles.

Anonymous said...

Your painted pebbles seem to be quite a hit. It must be the lovely bright colours that are matching the glorious weather we are having.

Fiddly Fingers said...

Love your painted pebbles and providing tutorials sounds very interesting :)

Ginx Craft said...

Your pebbles are very pretty. Bought my first copy of Craftseller last month and I am a bit hooked.

Jan said...

I too am a big fan of your pebbles, I love the bright colours, ssshhhh, don't tell anyone but I collected more pebbles today :)

Jan x

Martha said...

I just love painting pebbles! they are so decorative and yours are so pretty and cheery. I used to do rock painting with the kids at work :)

Lucy Blossom said...

Also loving the pebbles, can't wait to see the feature in craftseller. Thanks for organising Handmade Monday - its the highlight of my week.

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

I love the Rock Art! I have some lovely big stones in my garden that would look lovely with some work done to them - very inspiring. Hope you have a good week.

CatkinJane said...

The vintage caravan is very appealing - just at the moment I'd really like a real one of those to go and stay in for a while!

Simsim said...

I am sooooo doing some painted pebbles with my little boy this weekend! They are lovely xx

Catherine McAtier said...

Loving the pebbles and the tutorial ideas - I just love the way Handmade Monday brings everyone together. Cx

EleanorLucy Millinery said...

Gosh, another busy week! Teaming up is a great idea, I'll be sure to pop on by just as soon as I get a spare 5 mins - this temping / working thing is tricky! ;)