Friday 27 September 2013

Meet the Design Team: Valerie

Today I'm interviewing another member of the Handmade Harbour design team.  Come on in and find out more...

Who are you? Whereabouts in the world are you based?  
My name is Valerie, and I live just north of Chicago, Illinois, in the U.S. My husband and I have 4 great kids, and I work part-time in substitute teaching when I’m not being mom or crafting! Living in (near) Chicago is a great thing, except I sure do wish summer was longer!



When and why did you start cardmaking?

I’ve been scrapbooking my entire life, but I’d say I entered the “formal” world of scrapbooking 10 years ago. I discovered card making when I started my job at Archiver’s 3 years ago; I fell in love immediately!

What do you enjoy most about designing and making a card? 
Giving it to the recipient and letting them know that they’re THAT special.



What do you love about digital stamps?

The ease of getting them & being able to use them immediately, and the cost!

How many cards do you make in an average week?

2-3

Where do you do your crafting?  Do you have a dedicated craft room or do you take over the kitchen table? 

I am lucky in that I was able to convert my dining room into my craft room. We moved some furniture around, and it works wonderfully for me!



Do you ever sell the cards you make? If so, where?

I do have an Etsy store but I don’t use it often enough. I really need to update it.

Do you do other forms of craft too?  If so, what?

I scrapbook pages for albums



Who are your favourite craft bloggers?

I have so many that I love to follow! Too many! 

Finally, have you got a favourite Handmade Harbour image?

I love ALL the Homes & Shops images! (I’m also an architect, so these images really speak to me)


(just one of the homes and shops images)

Thank you Valerie for being interviewed - it was great getting to know a bit more about you!

2 comments:

Lynne Mizera said...


Hello Valerie! I LOVE your whymsical style and cannot wait to see what you do with all those SHOP images! So nice getting to know you better...Smile!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Aww, thank you, Lynne!