Sunday 1 June 2014

Handmade Monday 170

Welcome to another Handmade Monday!

This month's Craftseller magazine (issue 38) landed on my doormat yesterday, and I seem to have quite a few projects in there this month!

There's the cards...all very vintage and masculine this month


and the quilled wedding makes...

with the cat cake toppers



the flowers in pots


and the quilled rose-inspired bunting too...


and as if that's not enough, there were my fox and owl bookmarks (and it was a lovely surprise to see these on the cover photo on Craftseller's Facebook page!)...


It probably all sounds more than it was - the quilling makes were all part of the same article, so they really only count as one!

Quentin news
One of the (many) things guide dogs have to learn is to "spend" (do their toileting) on command.  When Quentin first arrived I was a bit worried about this...but this weekend we had a breakthrough!


At home, it's no problem at all - he has a fenced-off area which he now strongly associates with all things toilet-related.  He even rushes off there by himself in the middle of a play session!  But when we're out it's a bit more difficult.  Guide dog puppies are taught the command "busy busy" which means they can relieve themselves - but Quentin has never really quite "got" that while we were out.  Until now...

Yesterday, after a trip around Asda, I took him to a corner of the car park and told him "busy busy" - and for the first time outside the home, he responded appropriately!  I was so disproportionately pleased!

Now, I do apologise for hi-jacking what really should be a craft blog with tales of puppy toilet training, but to make up for it, here's one of him demanding attention while I sew!  I can't resist those puppy dog eyes!

Before I turn into a puppy bore, it's over to you for Handmade Monday - you know what to do...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Quentin is so adorable I'm not surprised you can't resist his eyes! Well done on all the projects in Craftseller, you go girl!

Lucy Blossom said...

You could almost make your own magazine with the lovely things you make for Craftseller and other magazines. I don't think anyone can resist Quentin's adorable puppy eyes, well done with his training.

vicky myers said...

Crikey Wendy you have been busy, particularly love the quilled vintage rose inspired bunting:)

Patchwork Fairy said...

The Quilled things are lovely - I've only ever quilled wool not paper but suppose it's similar! Quentin is so cute - I am enjoying your stories about him, I miss our Jess.

Justjennywren said...

love the bookmarks :)

Chrysalis said...

He's amazing and I love to hear the tricks of the training - fascinating (even the loo bits!) xx

Ginx Craft said...

What a clever dog Quentin is. I was appalled to find one of my cats had relieved herself in my shower this morning. Had someone accidentally shut the cat flap. No, she was just too lazy to come downstairs.

I enjoyed seeing the wedding quilling.

Free Spirit Designs said...

Hooray for Quentin's toileting break-through! Its sounds like you're doing amazingly well with his training, it takes a lot of time and patience doesn't it... i remember disparing that our little one would ever learn to go outside the house let alone in a particular spot!

Your quilled makes are so much fun and i looove the hot air balloon card! x

Sarah - The Lilac Dragonfly said...

They're going to call it Wendy's Craftseller magazine soon ;)
Quentin is simply gorgeous!! xx

Myth Illogical said...

Quentin is lovely- and training seems to be a craft in itself!

Sum of their Stories said...

Never apologise for showing us pics of the lovely Quentin, we love keeping up with how he's doing! I had completely forgot about the "busy busy" command, but I remember saying that to our dog now you've said.
You have so much variety in your crafting, it's always a pleasure to see. Thanks

Suze Bain said...

Ha, your quilled cat couple are fab! Love the bookmarks too! xx