Friday 18 October 2013

DT Interview: Rachel

Who are you? Whereabouts in the world are you based?  What's it like in your little corner of the world?
I am Rachel Taylor I am from the UK and live in Plymouth Devon I like living in Plymouth as we are near to the sea side and also we have the lovely country side as well. Unfortunately I am about 7 hours from my family.  I blog at Blossom Cards.


When and why did you start cardmaking?  What (or who) got you started?
I have always liked making things and my mum was very crafty too. I can't remember when I started but I think it was when I was small and by my mum.  I found when my children were young how much fun it was doing crafts with them and then started to want my own business 

What do you enjoy most about designing and making a card?
How creative you can be, the fun in seeing the end result of your planning or even if it's just come together quickly. I like to try and use different techniques and shaped cards.



What do you love about digital stamps?
I love loads of things:
  1.  you can store them on a computer or a pen that goes in to your computer
  2.  you don’t have to have boxes of stamps or inks to put somewhere
  3.  you don’t need stamping blocks
  4.  you get a good image every time
  5.  you can do things like decoupage with your digi stamps
  6. you can make the image large or small and make your own backing papers
  7.  you can colour in with lots of different mediums like promarkers water colour pens, etc

How many cards do you make in an average week?
About 10 card a week 



Where do you do your crafting?  Do you have a dedicated craft room or do you take over the kitchen table?
I have taken over the dining room and also teach card making classes there now as well but soon I am having some work done on the house and will have a new craft room 

Do you ever sell the cards you make? If so, where?
I sell my cards at local craft fairs



Do you do other forms of craft too?  If so, what?
I like to make gifts and sell them, like knitted mug hugs, knitted children’s toys. I also like to make some jewellery items: hair clips, brooches, note pads, pictures and lots more  



Who are your favourite craft bloggers?
I don’t have a favourite one - I like to follow lots as you get so many ideas out in computer land
 
Finally, have you got a favourite Handmade Harbour image?
This is hard for me as I love all the images but one makes me laugh the most and it is the image that says Its always wine o' clock somewhere in the world and is in a frame and has a wine glass on it 



2 comments:

Lynne Mizera said...

Rachel it is so nice to be able to put a face to a name and find out about your little part of the world. Plymouth Devon sounds like one of those places I NEED to go see and experience... maybe one day!

Wendy said...

Devon is a really lovely part of England, Lynne. If you are ever over here, it would be a good place to visit! x