Tuesday 4 November 2014

Book Review: Learn to Sew with Lauren

Some of you will remember Lauren Guthrie from when she appeared on the Great British Sewing Bee.  She was a lovely contestant and I can't have been the only one rooting for her!  Since then, Lauren has been super-busy.  She has her own fabric shop (you can buy online if you don't live nearby) and has now written her first book!


And what a gorgeous book it is.  It's the kind of book that makes me think of days gone by, simply because it's got a really substantial hard cover and full size pull out patterns - both rarely seen in these days of downsizing and downloading!


The step-by-step instructions look super easy to follow.  There's a mix of photos, pretty diagrams and clear instructions.  I'm not the target audience (it's being sold as a learn to sew book) but I could certainly use some of the patterns in here.


I have someone in mind as a recipient for my copy of the book.  She will love it, and I think she'll enjoy building her skills with the pull out patterns and clear instructions.


Thank you Lauren - a beautiful and useful addition to anyone's bookshelf.  It will make a great Christmas gift for anyone who loves to sew, but particularly beginners.


You can order a signed copy of the book on Lauren's website, Guthrie and Ghani.  You can also keep up with Lauren's news by following her blog.

1 comment:

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Oh how I enjoy the sewing bees. As more of a wishful sewer than a seamstress this book could be just the thing for me, thank you x