Sunday 21 September 2014

Handmade Monday 186

Welcome to Handmade Monday.

It's been another busy week and I'm wondering where all the time goes.  A lot of it is taken up with looking after somebody or another...taking Mum to the doctor, rounding up Dad from his wandering trips, taking Guide Dog puppy Quentin to the vet and granddaughter Emily to pre-school, doing Mum and Dad's shopping...you get the picture.

The juggling act sometimes feels greater than it did when I had small children of my own!  But when I think like this, I remind myself how very lucky I am to be working from home - what now feels challenging might well be overwhelming or impossible if I was still in full-time employment.

It's also a bit of a privilege to have a creative outlet and be able to call it work!


I have managed to get some more images made for art licensing - that in itself feels like a massive step forward this week!  I chopped up some old jeans, washed the pieces to fray them, scanned them and then worked on incorporating the denim into images that might work for a greetings card.


I like the feel of texture you get in what is essentially a flat digital image and maybe I'll do more along these lines (although that depends on what the agency thinks too - they've not seen these ones yet).  Although I am very pleased to report I'm now featured on their front page!

Quentin had his operation on Wednesday.  He's still wearing the lampshade-style collar to protect his stitches from his teeth!  Poor boy.


He's not allowed any off-lead running yet, which at first was OK but now he's starting to appear far too full of energy - all he wants is a good run and he can't understand why he's not being allowed off his lead.  He's quite upset at being led past the grass instead of onto it!


In these pictures, he was still groggy from the anaesthetic - possibly the quietest he's ever been!  But he soon worked out how to eat his food with his big collar on!  There's not much that will keep him from his food!


What has your week been like?  Join in with Handmade Monday and we can all pop over for a look.

10 comments:

Myth Illogical said...

It's been a little while since I last checked in- and Quentin is growing fast!

jenny said...

What an incredible busy week you've had. Think the denim looks fab! Such a good thought. Hope they love it too! Xx

Lilly's Mom said...

I love your new designs with the denim fabric. The owl design is so cute! I wish Quentin a speedy recovery.

itsamistry said...

I don't think we'd get to be as flexible if we didn't work for ourselves. I was so grateful when mum was ill and we had to do 2 hospital visits a day (which were out of town). Your denim design does give the impression of texture. Poor Quentin :) make sure you take some time out for you hugs Anita

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creations. What a sweet dog.

Free Spirit Designs said...

Its sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Its good to hear you're still finding time for your artwork though, I love your idea of using the denim, it really adds another dimension to the images.

Congratulations on making the front page! Your works looks fantastic there :) x

Highland Monkey's said...

Dont forget when our kids were young....we were younger as well! Poor Quentin hope his stitches heal soon.

threads 'n' shreds said...

Wow what an amazing idea to work on a denim background x
There is always so much to fit in to life, so I completely understand about not having enough hours in the day xx

Fiddly Fingers said...

I've taken a break for a while but it's so good to be back. I'm so pleased to see you are still as creative as ever despite having a busy time and I love what you have done with the denim patch. Hope Quentin is on the mend very soon x

Lucy Blossom said...

I love the denim effect for your owls. Hope Quentin is fully recovered soon.