Sunday 18 November 2012

Handmade Monday 93

Welcome to another Handmade Monday (click the link for more info about how to join in).

It's been a busy week here but of course it's set to get busier.  'Tis the season, and all that - there's definitely no shortage of orders coming in over here to keep me busy!

It's been busy on the designing side of the fence, too.  The teapot I mentioned last week is now gracing a chalkboard - the pocket in the teapot is for chalk and a little felt duster.  I think it might be cute in a kitchen or even a cafe.



My floppy linen rabbit was published in Sewing World (which should be on newsagents' shelves by now)



and the new Craftseller features my storage boxes and handbag money box.



I really enjoyed making the moneybox - a mix of card sculpture, papier mache, painting and sewing, it was a lot of fun to make.  I must admit I love using a variety of techniques. It turned out quite funky, I think.



As for the storage boxes



they were a really simple project which shows how versatile you can get with those cute freebie papers which are in every issue of Craftseller.  Perfect for brightening up anything, really...

Or even for making lampshades - yep, that lampshade finally got finished and the actual lampshade part turned out to be really simple.



Next, I'm decorating some old tatty place mats and coasters with Craftseller's free papers ... and then comes a plaque using their papers.  OK, brace yourself: this is how far ahead we're working - the plaque is for ... Mother's Day!!  Crazy thought.

Now, while we're all counting down to Christmas (or Mother's Day!) it's time for Handmade Monday.

20 comments:

Planet Penny said...

Oh my goodness...So many projects, you've been so busy! I particularly like the chalkboard teapot and the adorable bunny.
Thanks for finding time to host Handmade Monday once again. I do appreciate it.

Penny x

knitnrun4sanity said...

You did have a busy week. Things really do seem to be happening for you - I only hope they continue. I really like the little teapot blackboard - prefect for the tea rooms as you say. Hope that you have another great week. xx

Fiddly Fingers said...

Love the teapot, a great idea for holding the chalk and duster and some inspirational ideas too, for using all those free papers. Your features in magazines make my mention pale into insignificance :) Well done you :)

testing said...

A very busy week for you, great to see your lovely items in print and I love your teapot with a pocket what a fab idea.

Free Spirit Designs said...

looks like lots of projects have come together this week... so many lovely things!!

your floppy linen bunny is my fav, she is just completely adorable!

i agree the teapot blackboard would look amazing in a cafe - such a nice homey touch :)

your storage boxes and money box look super too, its great fun bringing lots of different materials together on one project isn't it :)

good luck with your er.. Mother's Day design!! Soon we'll all be working a full year ahead and life will resemble some kind of normality again!! x

Carolee Crafts said...

well done on all your project publications, love the floppy bunny she is so sweet

Made in Suisse said...

Yeah to the finished lampshade, it must be a relief!
How sweet does your decorated chalkboard look? If you were to do one with a coffee cup, I'd get one :-)

Highland Monkey's said...

Gosh, what a lot of lovely items you have been making. Especially like the handbag moneybox.

AliceAndFlorence said...

Congratulations on being featured in the magazines. The floppy bunny is too cute for words!
I like the lampshade too, I think it looks quite Spring like. You must feel like a time traveler Mother's day as well as Christmas.
Wendy x

Michaela said...

Ooh, I do like that tea pot, you have been busy! :)

Jan said...

Looks like you have had a great week, I love the floppy bunny and the moneybox must be a great hit with the girls.

Jan x

Unknown said...

I love the crafty box! Would look super in a craft den. makes it more homely too.
Looks like some lovely things on Handmade Monday again and look forward to a browse tomorrow morning before work.
Lesley x

Bev Newman said...

Love reading your posts about Craftseller, they're a real inspiration. The makes are fantastic too and am tempted to give the handbag a go!

FarahLin said...

Hi, just found your blog and this is my first time linking up with Handmade Monday.

Those are such gorgeous makes! And congratulations on being featured in the magazine too!

EleanorLucy Millinery said...

Love love LOVE the teapot! And the lampshade is very chic. Nice one!

Myth Illogical said...

What a lot of makes this week! I love the teapot on the chalkboard and the bunnies are extremely cute

Laptop Lifestyle Living said...

LOVE your floppy bunny, probably not as much as my youngest would (completely obsessed with rabbits!). And great to see your handbag money box in print - looks fab :o)

LucyLovesYa said...

What a fab selection - loving the vinyl bowls! I also really like ClaireBelleMakes's wrappings! What a talented bunch you are x

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your craftseller makes and look forward to seeing them each time my sub copy arrives :-)

Helen said...

Wow i'm exhausted looking at all the things you've done! The lampshade looks really good, i bet you are pleased with it! Hope you have a great week x